First Dose is Done!
Hello, its been a while since I'm here.
I still can't believe that.. I'm able to write out those title as we all knew that vaccination process is a LONG process. Mine was processed for several months until I was selected as one of the vaccine recipient. Cey ayat macam dapat anugerah dekan versi platinum. To be honest, I don't bother checking the apps anymore as my 'process' status will be the same. Whether it's luck or what, but on the night of 5th July, I got a notification, asking me to check my 'MySejahtera' apps for further information regarding my vaccine appointment. I was like.. wait.. hold up.. hold the f up.. Is this happening? For real? My name was finally in the list? So I checked the apps and it was true, so first thing first, of course I informed ahli Kelab Bawang Kebangsaan before telling my mother. Friends before family yall. They freaked out as me too and asked me whether I did anything. I just recalled back that 2 or + days before, I was so fed up with my apps, that I removed and install it back. Then this thing happened. I'll chose luck as my defense statement.
I contacted Saiyidah as she'd completed both dosage regarding the flow of the vaccination process as I'll be all alone... but all those explanation went down the drain and I'll tell you why later.
On 8th July 2021, I arrived at the location on 10am because my insecurity + introvert inside of me was on fire or at its peak? First at the gate, the JPAM asked me to park at the back of the hall but this girl only take 0.5% instructions as she parked beside the hall. Why? Because she saw there's a lot of car back there, is there's any parking left?? So she parked at the side of the hall. The logic is so... yup.. amazing right? Then, I called Saiyidah for last time and she just.. inhale and exhale her breath.. wanting to carut me but she can't. She never cursed in front of her friends.. paling jahat pun dia cakap bodoh. K proceed.. Saiyidah told me to find the volunteer and asked them, so I just went outside and locked my car and walk to the khemah. My heartbeat was racing fast and there's a lot of people.. I kept telling myself, okay.. take it easy.. be cool, stay alert. You're the main character here. You're wearing blackpink shirt and cardigan with Michael Kors bag, not forgetting Jovian mask. People won't look down on you. Cewahhhh.
p/s: All my wardrobe and accessories are sponsored by my mum.. k sekian.
So I went to the first tent and said to the volunteer that I came here for my first dose and she asked me to sit at the waiting tent before the volunteer called the first dose receiver at 10.30am. I expected that I'll wait there at least for 20 mins?? but after I sat for a while.. they called for 10-10.30am session.. I was like.. okay go, that's your session. I showed to the volunteer my MySJ vaccination appointment and take queue number. I waited outside the hall for several minutes and continue texting my group chat. I felt like my whole body is shaking and rasa macam nak balik. Ain was like.. sebelum aku pukul hang.. baik pergi je. I'm so chickened out every time I'm facing with needle. I feel blessed for not taking medical field, or else I'll torturing myself. After that, my number was called and I walk out heading into the hall and scanned my temperature. There're three pit stops or counters that I've to go through. The first two counters asking some basic question and the last counter is the plot twist XD
The plot twist is.. the person in charge asked me, within 14 days, 'have you been outside from this state?' As a responsible and pretty citizen, I admit that I'm on 13 days quarantine since I'm back from my university. She told me that I need to be injected.. OUTSIDE the hall as I'm in risky category because I'm not completing my quarantine period. I'm okay with that and I understand their procedure, we shouldn't be selfish at this moment you know... so please be honest when it is needed. Even though my location is the un-glamour one but it is okay. At least I'm a honest person and I should put that in my resume. Petroleum Nasional Berhad or Maersk or other O&G company.. choose me.. pick me.. love me.. hire me. Okay, at the end of the day, I'll got my vaccine and that's all that matters.
I went to the counter and the person in charge asked me to wait with another people. Mostly there're uncles and aunties who'd health condition.. maybe it's easier for them to handle emergency cases when the space is open? Idk. After waiting for couple of minutes, my name was called and the Dr. in charge explained the type of vaccine that I'll get and all those side effect that I'll experienced. After that, I'd to sign the permission form saying that I'll be responsible for what will happened next. Truth be told, I just yeskan aje apa dr tu ckp.. In my head was like.. yes yes I want the vaccine just give me the form. Then the adrenaline rush begin, all I knew is,, if my name was called, I'll went straight to the cubicle to get injected. Last time I was injected was last year when I donated my blood and pulling out my wisdom tooth. I hate needle, I hate the feeling and the smell of it. While I'm cooling down myself then My name was called. I was like.. oh fcked. The nurse asked me to read out my IC numbers to make sure that my head is working just fine and I'm not turning into robot since the micro chip is not been injected yet.
I entered the cubicle, put my handbag down and saat tu la waldrobe malfunction happened. I was so nervous that my cardigan won't cooperate with me and the male Dr. wasn't helping at all. I just took it positive maybe his wife dah warning 'you jangan gatal sentuh perempuan ke apa eh'... because I'll say the same thing if that's my husband. After exposing my bulky not so muscular shoulder, (yes my weight went to normal and its been ages since I worked out) I just like.. staring at the blue thingy of the cubicle like.. don't stretch out all your muscles, just relax, think about blackpink or something. Then the Dr. asked me, 'did you know what type of vaccine will go into your body?' I was like tersedar dari lamunan and 'yes, I was told that it's SinoVac,' and the Dr. said correct. Then he swiped the location of the injection with.. I don't know.. the liquid that kills bacteria?? alcohol due to the strong smell? Idk, I was like.. okay this is it.. until the Dr. mention the needle size and Bismillah out of it. I was like.. damn fck hahah I started imagining the needle went through my skin. I was thinking.. is it in? dah ke? until I felt the liquid flow inside of me and he said 'okay done'. I was like.. that's it? eh tak sakit pun, I wore my cardigan back and went to the other side for observation.
![]() |
| The cubicle |
I was waiting for all that muscle pain, dizziness or yada2 to attack me but I felt nothing. I was like.. where's the pain? begitulah manusia.. tak sakit.. dia cari penyakit. Then I hear those uncles and aunties were all excited to take picture with the 'I'm vaccinated booth.' I was like.. bestnya cocok skali geng. I was all alone.. takkan nk tebal muka suruh org ambilkan gambar. Segan aih.
Then the volunteer called me and handed my vaccination card. It shows the date of my second dose and advised me to take Panadol if needed. I thanked her and went back to my car. I facetimed Bad while walking because I don't want people to look at me as a loser walking alone.
I got into the car and continue taking selfies as that was the safest place to be yourself without getting judges.. aite? I still don't feel any pain at the moment, then I went to McD as this girl has no self defense in controlling her sugar level. Can you guys see? Is it my pain tolerance or my immune system is gone.
Then my mum asked me to take irfan for a hair cut and of course I continue selfie while he's settled. I got back home and terus mandi to make sure I was cleaned from any bacteria melekat with me sepanjang I keluar rumah. You have to take care of yourself tho, or else your loved ones will kena tempias. Until today, I still don't have any side effect from taking the first dose.. no sore, no fever or others. I'm normal? I was quite grateful for not facing those effects as I managed to continue my chores without any difficulties. Being healthy is a gift. I should appreciated it more.
Overall, I still can't believe that I.. the one who lived in this pandemic era, the outbreak then got the vaccine. It's not a dream anymore and for sure, this pandemic will be remembered till our lives end. It'll featured in history and medical books and I'll have the chance to tell my children or grandchildren about my experience. Our live is like a roller coaster right now.. with our failing government and my country is like a joke to others. I loves Malaysia, really. I do have the intention to bring up Malaysia's name to the global level and improve this country once but.. I think.. what we're thinking right now is to migrate. This country is corrupt already, from the top management until the lower level. All these corrupt people don't have the moral values anymore, for the sake of the money, they sanggup korbankan rakyat sendiri, our education system is failing after the healthcare system. For real, I don't feel any.. you know that quality of my degree.. honestly.. for this online classes, I just cheated on every exams in order to get good cgpa.. like.. it all depend on me to be eager to know about my industry.. I take my own effort to go to webinar, free classes etc just to enhance my skill. I just hope that I'll survive in this era. For now.. I just go with the flow, whatever the path leading me to.
Till then.
p/s: 2 more weeks till I completed my dosage.






Comments