Finally I donate my blood!



Recap from previous months, a lot of unexpected things happened. The first one was... I have my own buku derma darah. Yup, I donated my blood last month. Why? First my boiler lecturer texted in group that whoever donated blood today will get 15% marks. Me fully aware of my IQ level decided that I’m gonna do this. I was hesitating at first but there’s Iem. Begging me to donate our blood together. While waiting for our turn, I did a little bit research regarding the advantage of blood donation and guess what, it reduces the calories in our body. That was my ‘that’s it’ moment. As the nurse said next, I just went to the first counter and try to act cool. First time? She asked and I said yes with my awkward smile. So first she tested my blood to determine my blood’s group. Turns out I have O blood which is the blood that everyone aimed for. I also need to weighed myself and I’m shook that I’m not that heavy anymore.

Next station was serious one as she will ask a very sensitive question like are you taking drugs, have sex before or are you having period right now. After that the last station is where the nurse will stamp out the date and important documents. After all of that done, it’s time, to face my biggest fear which is blood. I was trying to keep it cool the whole time as I don’t want my emotion affect my blood pressure which could cause problems to me. I went to the chair and again... ‘First time?’. She put the bag down and she knows the first time syndrome. She really did the good job as the jab was not that hurt, I don’t even realize that the needle is in as she kept talking with me which is great. First thing that I remembered was my hand feel numb or in Malay is kebas. I kept playing the ball that they prepared to make sure the nerve is my hand is still working as usual. I sat next to Muiz who already donated for 9th time. I kept talking to him to avoid my eyes from seeing the blood that coming out from my body. The nurse kept warning Muiz to not scare me XD There are 2 bags which is one is for donation and the small one is for them to test whether you’d serious illness or not to make sure the blood is clean from any disease.



After finished I went to Iem and wait for him to finished. Bad and Sam also donated their blood after Iem and I keep pursuing them to donate their blood and telling them it is not pain at all. Until today, I still can’t believe that I donate my blood and remembering how my parent are against it. They can’t believe that I had O type blood. I was like excuse me, the person who tested me studied for 6 damn years. It is impossible that she can made silly mistakes. If you learned biology, it’s not that hard to test blood group. (I asked Zarul okay).

After that, Ain asked me to accompany her to go to Marine Department to settle her card. Then she brought me to Teamondo to have some bubble tea as she saw my face was pale. I know she was being serious as I have dark skin so when people told you that you’re pale, you have to believed them. During chilling, my mom decided to call me for second round of argument saying that I have A blood type. I was like, hold up, you gotta be kidding me, how on earth you know my blood type. Since 23 years that I live on this earth, I never tested my blood, ever! That time I was like, ‘Ya Allah berikanlah aku kesabaran’. Later I forwarded the link of research saying that it is not necessary for a child to have same blood type as their parent. Blergh. My life is definitely a joke. To the nurse out there, I’m very sorry for having a mom who don’t trust your ability.

Comments