2020 Outbreak




throwback, I miss being outside :(


It’s 1st of April and suddenly my brain just decided to write blog post. Old habit die hard I told ya. I planned to update my blog since February as January I was so determined to back on track with my art and fitness journey. Guess what? The joke is on me as I decided to procrastinate throughout January and February but I did jogging okay but not that frequent. Long short story yes I did the effort to stay fit, that was the important point. March was full of busy-ness as that one lecturer decided to be productive as hell. We as a student almost checked into Mental Hospital already. A lot of things happened this year and the major one is... everyone knows.. the Covid-19.

To future Deanna,

This 2020 the whole world was attacked by this Covid-19 or his/her full name is Corona Virus Disease 2019. Why 2019? Because it’s started last year but all of us thought that it will happened in China only but guess what?? That 136 patient decided to not quarantine himself for 14 days after back from Korea and the audacity… of him going to some sort of religious assembly causing thousands of people infected. Now Malaysia is under PKP which is Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan which only one family member can go out to buy basic needs. Only supermarket and essential service is opened. And yet people here is still with Minda Kelas Ketiga thingy as they decided to continue their daily habit as usual which is lepak thingy and the curve is not flattening. Guess what? The PKP period is extended which cause people a lot of trouble from student to the people who works at office etc. Now it all fine as Malaysia is not as bad as Italy right now. Speaking of us, Deanna.. we don’t have any trouble staying at home. Do you remember how depressed are we when we got second intake not the first one? We’d to wait the next year to start our university life. We managed to stay sane for 12 months. Now I already miss my dorm. Free from everything and I can mind my own fu***** business.

The last day at hostel was a bit hectic. All three of us decided to go back home tomorrow until the Malaysia head police announced that starting tomorrow if you want to go to other state, you need official document from police saying that you had informed them that you want to go out from the state. Ain and Dila started packing and went home that night as they don’t want any trouble during the period. So me as usual the one who is always tersakiti can’t go back that night as my over protective mother that her head full of nonsense won’t allow me to do so.  Later that night, Zarul and I went to the nearest police office and they said that they don’t receive any official document regarding the announcement. There are people from my university too and all of us like... *clown face*. After that we tried our luck by going to the main police office and man... too much people there. They just asked us to write our information on a piece of paper and that’s it.

So after settled everything, Zarul and I went eating and I decided to go to the nearest police office again as they already had the documents. Then at midnight I think, the police cancelled out the announcement due to everyone is panicking. *Clown Face again*
The next day, I finished packing and went home at 8 am-ish. I only took 3 hour-ish to arrive home instead of 5 hours. Meaning that there is not so much car on the road. And now thanks to my boyfriend as I always checked the JPJ website as my anxiety spiked high as he said that laju sangat aih, konfem ke tak langgar aes. I was like... this mother*****. Eeih.

Now the PKP have been extended to another 2 weeks which affecting us badly as a student because we have been through 6 weeks and how about our contract etc. So the memo just released yesterday saying that they will start online class on next week until the rest of the semester.  I shouldn’t complaint that much as my I got all the basic needs for human to stay alive... I just had to stay home and it helps the government to control this outbreak #dudukrumahdiamdiam. So yesterday my marine auxiliary lecturer decided to test the Microsoft teams whether all of his students can access it or not. So I decided to not opened my webcam as the condition in my room is indescribable so I only opened my mic. And that time my mum decided to hang her curtain in front of my room which she can hear whatever we talked about in the meeting. Our lecturer kept calling out our name to checked whether we are there or not and my mum decided to comment ‘are your lect deaf or what? Repeating all of your names’, and I already felt that my online class will be challenging as heck. Why can’t people in this house minding their own business?? During the meeting iem and bad decided to announce that I can’t cook when my lecturer asked me what for lunch today. I was like, thanks... I really appreciated you guys punya honesty... it is on different level!

how we try to move on with our studies right now

the suspects

Throughout this outbreak, my schedule is not that fuc*** as I managed to get up at 6.30 am as usual like I do at university. My roommates always hating me about how I complaint at them saying that I’m tired but decided to wake up early the next day whether weekday or weekend. I can’t wake up late now as the weather in Perlis is quite extreme compare to another state. Come live here if you want to recap your sins or things that you did throughout your life. I took bath 4 times a day and I still sweating like I just finished running for 5 km. Believe it or not this is the only week that I felt free as starting the PKP until now, we had to finish up all of our assessments which is piling like crazy. I almost called UniKL mental support for this t_t Luckily everything went fine as my group managed to finish it all even though the pressure is very bad.

I hope this outbreak will end very soon as I’ve been craving for certain food that it makes me cry. I miss my friends and of course my boyfriend even though he is annoying. Please stay home and safe everyone!



Comments