World Maritime Week - Experience
Hi, I'm back!! after dealing some kind of mental breakdown and still dealing.. just kidding, these past 2 months I'm busy with conference, competition and that's why I got a lot to catch up in updating my blog. So lets start with World Maritime Week 2019 that held at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. This was the starting of these 'thing' that happened in my life now.
How I became the participant? It started on this one evening I'm chilling on Ain's bed talking about convocation that will happen next month and bla bla when suddenly Ain freaked out that Dr. Redzuan offering them to go to the event and he's using 'first come first serve' principal. Without wasting any minutes, we got ready even though I don't pray Asr yet but.. (okay don't copy our action, it's wrong on so any level). We got shikin with us and Ain started the car engine when suddenly Mukhriz texted us 'nak pergi jalan2 tak?'. Ain and me were like, baik habaq esok ja mukhriz ni pn last mins baru nk ajak. During the timeline, I was contacting Judin asking about the situation as he's already inside Dr.'s office. Luckily when we arrived, there's only Judin, Mukhriz and Aqil? Akim? I don't remember his name lol. So All of us started inserting our personal information when suddenly more people coming but we were the lucky 6. So that's how I got in this event but there's another challenges which all of us had to collect lecturer's signature to indicate that they allowed us to skip class due to our beloved dean was so scared to sign the 'surat pelepasan' and till today there was no surat!! but Alhamdulillah all my lecturers were fine with it. I promise I will buy 'em something during end of this semester to repay their kindness T_T
Accommodation and transport were not provided so where I'm staying? Not at bus stop for sure, I was staying at Ain sister's house and the good news was Ain's sister had to attend a one week course at PWTC so she can sent us off at KLCC throughout the week. All we need to do were just attending the conference. So Ain went to KL first by joining Mira, her colleague during internship while I'm joining Judin, Aqil? Akim? and Mukhriz on the next day. Riding with 'em were so fun, full of gossips and membahan. So we went to see the venue first as Mukhriz had been there last year and after that we went to KLCC as those buildings were next to each other. We met Ain and Faris there. Jalan2 sikit then we went to eat dinner which is Nasi Lemak benda apa tah and it was so delicious T_T After that I picked up my stuffs and followed Ain and Faris to go to Ain sister's house. Mukhriz was joining us too as he asked Faris to dropped him at McD. During en route, Faris treated us TeaLive, nangis bucu katil jap. He should treat Ain je why us terlibat too?! So back at Ain's cribs, I was so prepared to see her niece and cousin, her sister and husband was so nice to me, everyone is nice to me except Coeen, he's scared of me -_- Don't worry I only eat my own brother now other people's son.
My daily routine were waking up at 5.40am-ish as I myself know how slow I'm in getting ready terms, we departed at 6am, and arrive around 7.30am-ish. We only wore make-up once we get there, if pakai siap2 memang mcm anak Joker la sampai KLCC. Day 1 was quite extra compared to day 2,3,4.
Day 1
- Advocating Women in Maritime - Patricia Chalebois
- Women in Maritime: Transformation is inevitable -Sanna Sonninen
- Empowering women in maritime -Maite Klarup
- Panel Discussion: Encouraging gender Diversity in Maritime Industry
Day 2
- Malaysia's Maritime Aspirations - The Government's Perpective -Capt. Halim Ahmed
- Industrial Revolution (IR) 4.0 and The Maritime Industry - Academia Perspective - Dr. Md Redzuan
- Enhancing Competitiveness and Productivity of Malaysian Ports. -V.S. Vijayaindiaran
- Mental Health and Personal Resilience in the Maritime Industry -Dr. Glenn Fernandez
- Major maritime security issues of global, regional and national significances.
Day 3
- Global Sulphur Limit 2020 Regulations and Enforcement -Nordin Mohamadin
- Port Reception Facilities Adherence to Environmental Regulations -Muhammad Razif Ahmad
- Implementation and Enforcement of China New Emission Control Policy for Ships -Gan Shaowei
- Sustainable Shipping-operating towards 2020 and beyond -Elfian Harun
- Comprehensive Marine Fuel Solutions -M Rafe Ramli
- Marine Fuel Integrity and Accountability -Capt. Abdul Ghani
- Dual Fuel Aframax Tanker -Anwarussahil Mohd Nor
- Hydrogen Technology solution for marine industry -Sanjay Verma
Day 4
- Malaysia's maritime industry -what lies in the future?
There're more but I think I only write those yg I masuk talk, other than that I'm at booth as the hall was pack and no more seats for us t_t
We visited big company's booth and got so many goodies bag as well as their business card. Overall we go some input to ourselves as you know, the company that we targeted to work with so on Amin! Some of the goodies are notebook, keychain, pamplet and not forgetting pens. So the last day ended with I slipped my fork which result the hot sauce to hit Shikin T_T I'm still rasa bersalah okay. After closing ceremony we went to Ikea I think. But before that we jalan2 at MyTown not buying anything because we're broke.. what else could it be to students 'aite? At Ikea I grabbed meatballs and biscuits. Craving satisfied! The funniest moment during eating was when Judin's father called and all of us were paying so much attention to what he talking about as he's using Kelantan's speech. Mukhriz was so much amused as he don't know what the hell is going on plus his face reaction. I want to slap that guy damn hard XD
membahan judin who always spilling things
Okay this is me continuing writing this story after abandoned it for 1 month. This is all that I remembered t_t
My ticket bus was at 5pm so that early morning I teman-ed Siti to bring her niece to shopping mall to buy some K-pop's stuff which .. my expectations when downhill. That store doesn't look like K-pop store that I usually see in youtube or twitter. After that, for the first time I went to Myeong Dong Topokki. For me I think it is worth your money to get such a big plate and of course mengenyangkan. After that we went home as I need to pack my stuffs up and Faris and Ain sent me to the bus station. So that's all my trip to the conference with my colleagues. It was a great experience and indeed opened my eyes to bigger opportunities to my future careers.
nyum
Till then.
p/s: dah balik baru perasan gambar ramai2 tak ambil pun -__-
Last time I see Prof Hamzah, my Marine Law lecturer during diploma years. He passed away a month or two after this event due to cancer. Al-Fatihah.